Sunday, June 14, 2009

Encouragement of the Saints

Fascinating how God works through technology despite my Luddite tendencies. Received a call from a brother Doug from North Carolina, whom I've not seen for over thirty years. The Internet allows us to connect in a way not possible before. We had almost two hours of good fellowship. He brought up several things from the Scripture that i hadn't considered. I look forward to spending some time with him in the future.

God also used my brother, and co-laborer in ministry, Matt Whelan to encourage me to do something I didn't want to do, and I'm thankful he did. The Lord Jesus has used Matt in many ways in my life. I recommend him highly.

Also received an encouraging phone call from a brother Steve, who told me of meeting a Korean brother. This young man is involved in a church whose people meet daily, early in the morning, for prayer. Revival comes from this.

Finally, God showed me again the power of expressing contrition and apologizing to people for what we have done. I had occasion to apologize to a young believer at the event that I hadn't wanted to attend, and witnessed the healing that God did as a result. His ways are higher than our ways. (Isa 55:9)

God showed me once again the imperative necessity of spiritual fathers and mothers. I appeal to those of my generation that are walking with Christ to make yourself available to the younger generations, many of whom do not have natural parents, let alone spiritual ones. If the Holy Spirit dwells in you, you have something to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment