Sunday, December 8, 2013

Show or Tell?

May I encourage my readers to follow the link on my blog to that of my friend Bill who has just posted on persecution in the Central African Republic. Not surprisingly it is Muslims who are doing the persecuting.
     Yesterday had the blessing of continuing discipleship with two brothers, Gary and Dan, at different times. Gary and i looked at verses pertaining to money and possessions including Luke 12:15. "And He said to them, "Take heed  and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses." (NKJV) Dan and I worked through some verses on the Kingdom of God including Matthew 24:14. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come." ( Matthew 24:14 NKJV). I thank God for the receptivity of these two brothers.
    This morning i had an opportunity to share the Word on the subject of marriage and God's order with five brothers looking in particular at Genesis 2, Romans 5: 12-21, and Ephesians 5:22-33. We saw God giving responsibilities to Adam and holding him accountable. We also looked at the love that the woman needs and the respect which the man needs. ( Ephesians 5:33)
     Also received a word on Matthew 14 from my discipler Vinci with special emphasis on prayer and resting in the Lord. We will go to Canada next week, God willing, to encourage the brethren there.
     In my interactions with other believers i try very hard, by the grace of God, not to simply tell them what I believe that God is saying in His Word, but to show them exactly where i find the verses and themes so that they can see for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment