Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Say What You Will

A friend sent me a photo of a sign that reads, "Say What You Will About the South, but no one retires and moves up north." ( For international readers the southern part of the US is usually warmer than the north) Thanks for the chuckle, Rob.
    This reminds me of my all time favorite bumper sticker, "Eschew Obfuscation." (Note for those who first language may not be English. Eschew is an old English word no longer used that means not to do something. Obfuscation is rarely used and means to confuse and makes things more difficult on purpose. In other words the bumper sticker is doing the exact opposite of what it says to do,)
   All seriousness aside, it is snowing vigorously here. We are expected to get 6- 12 inches (15 to 30 centimeters) today, and more later in the week.
    I will take a little humor wherever i can find it, especially in light of the book reviewed in my last post. Last night I began the sequel, which confirmed that the US has discarded all four of the interlocking pillars that had given hope to so many from so many lands. While I put my ultimate trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, and understand that pain, suffering, and persecution are part of the normal Christian life, I still find it lamentable to see the ongoing destruction of American society.
     "And he (Jesus) will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:31 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment