Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday Observations

     One of the biggest problems with the current Ebola situation in the US is that neither the politicians or the media can be trusted to give us the truth. In all likelihood a lot of people (victims) will need to die before anything constructive is done. The ongoing need for victims is one of the hallmarks of a pagan society.
     A different situation is the individual accused of killing a Pennsylvania State trooper. He has been on the loose for a month now despite the efforts of many hundreds of highly trained law enforcement personnel. If one person is so difficult to apprehend, what would happen with a dozen terrorists running around?
     As I continue to interact with Christians from so-called Third World countries, I find that many of them are far more serious about their faith than most American Christians.
   I find that walking for exercise is one of the best things that I can do for my health, both physical and spiritual. Yesterday I was able to recite all of my memory verses plus pray for a number of people during my jaunt. And i felt invigorated doing this.
     New memory verses for today are Judges 21:25 and Proverbs 14:34.  "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in their own eyes." "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." In the US everyone does whatever they want with little regard for others. Our sin is a reproach to us. May God have mercy on our disobedience.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment