Monday, July 20, 2015

Getting Ready

God willing, this Wednesday I will depart for my 4th visit to Brazil, and remain there until mid-September. My agenda is not completely set. I am scheduled to go to a bi-annual missionary conference the day of my arrival which will last through the weekend. This is in Vitoria, Espirito Santo state. Will remain in that area at least until August 9th where i will attend a wedding. Have definite invitations to Brasilia, to a city near Campinas, and Fortaleza, and potential invites to any number of other places. I am doing the usual things, like a final clothes washing, stocking up on toiletries, bringing a few gifts. One thing that i want to prioritize is learning verses in Portuguese. I am currently working on Matthew 25:34. I know three others. My thought is to learn ones that i don't already know in English. Tonight i go to a welcome dinner the church is putting on for new Brazilian exchange students. Am thankful for the timing so i can have an opportunity to initiate relationships before i leave. Meanwhile we wait for the birth of my second grandson who is five days overdue. If given opportunities I hope to minister on the themes of the supremacy of the Word of God, persecution, and personal relationship with God. Am thankful for any and all prayers. Flexibility is the key for me in Brazil as i am not in control of my intra day schedule, don't have access to a phone or a car, and am dependent on other people for things that i would do myself in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment