Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016 thoughts

Currently I am studying Portuguese with the aid of a computer program called "Mango." Mango is the source of the following item. The famous Ipanema beach which inspired the song, "Girl from Ipanema," comes from a combination of two words in Tupi, an indigenous language of Brazil, which mean stinky lake. Received quite a chuckle from that one. Of the remaining five major party candidates for President of the US, I believe that only Ted Cruz would safeguard the religious liberty of Christians. ( People of other religions receive preferential treatment in the US) When one reads the comment threads on any subject from any source on the Internet the evidence that ours is a pagan society is evidenced by the absolute viciousness of 90% of them. Of course, the anonymous nature of these comments presents the opportunity for one's true colors to shine. Regarding my last post I seem to be completely healed. The real test is when I resume walking. Reading and praying written prayers is providing a rich blessing. God has blessed me with two different books, one a kind of liturgy, and the other a collection taken from the Puritans. Continue to be amazed at how many readers of this blog are from countries that I have never visited and where I know no one. Thanks for reading. "Let me never forget that the heinousness of sin lies not so much in the nature of the sin committed, as in the greatness of the Person sinned against." From "The Valley of Vision," prayers compiled by Arthur Bennett, pg. 79 pub. Banner of Truth, reprinted 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment