Sunday, July 26, 2026
Musings on Mortality
Paul the apostle writes in Philippians 1:21 that to live is Christ abd to die is gain. In verse 23 he says it is far better to go and be with Christ. Earlier this morning I learned that a man I had known during the Jesus People Movement of the 1970s, several years older than I had passed into glory. In recent years I had fellowship with him several times when he visited.
At the same time both another brother several years younget than I, and a woman my daughter's age are also critically ill. By God's grace I enjoy good health and am still able to do active physical work.
As I look back upon my life, now in its eighth decade, I see God's hand. Had I been born a few hours earlier I would have been,drafted into the military and probably sent to Vietnam. Instead God saved me through Jesus Christ in my 18th year.
He has allowed me to minister in various ways to His people over time including this blog. I was astonished yesterday by over 5,000 page views in a single day where the previous high was 2,772.
I am thankful for those who have faithfully ministered to me, some for decades. May God be glorified through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit in my life. And as Paul writes in 2 Timothy 4:18 may God bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment