Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dividends

Staying in one place for a season is paying dividends. I have the opportunity to encourage the men in the house. ( 9 at the moment) I have finally gotten inspired to finish the first draft of an evangelistic novel. I'm almost done now that I have completed 2 more chapters. I'm also getting the opportunity to develop relationships in the Bay Area. On Tuesday I had lunch with a retired gentleman named Robert, who has a local itinerant ministry encouraging a number of small home groups. He expressed an interest in doing a small scale men's retreat, such as a number of us have done over the years, with me. We had a good time of prayer and fellowship and he has already arranged a meeting with he, I, and a third brother for Friday.
Tuesday evening I met with the brothers in the Millbrae group, and our brother Neil, who leads a house church in the next town. We prayed and worshiped together. I proposed that on some of the Tuesday evenings we bring the men and the women together and do some extended teachings on topics of interest or need to them. I prefer this to lengthy teachings on Sunday since this tends to quench others' participation. One brother, Marcus, also proposed a retreat for the beginning of February, which all agreed too.
Thursday I had lunch with Neil, and had several hours of fellowship and prayer. I believe this brother to brother (in my case) building of trust and relationship over a period of time, of the utmost importance in fulfilling what God has for His people in this season. Also received a call from Matt, my partner in ministry, detailing a potential opportunity in Ohio, and a breakthrough in a problematic situation in Massachusetts. Prayer remains essential for us as believers. I'm looking forward to more opportunities this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment