Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Canine City

As some of you know i am not a dog person. My family did not have pets growing up, except for some very short lived turtles. Thus i find it humorous that I'm residing with a dozen or more dogs, and a token cat, who seems to tolerate the other species. These belong to my friend KC & her husband Dennis, who live in the Florida Panhandle. She is a professional dog trainer & sitter who reminds me of my great aunt Selma, who also had red hair, lots of energy, and just seemed more alive than most people. Selma & her husband went deer hunting every year until about seventy. Kathy doesn't hunt- that I know of- but could do anything that she wanted to do. It's weird that after not having seen her for over thirty years, I feel like she's my sister.
Enjoyed my time in coastal Miss. Had good fellowship with a brother John one Saturday evening, and more with their whole group- a good blend of generations- on Sunday. This is one of the more participatory groups I've encountered in my travels. Am very thankful for their hospitality & generosity.
Received a good report from my friend Dale about the group in San Francisco with whom I wintered. God is faithful. Also read a good report of some brothers, instrumental in the NE HC arena, who met last night. May we continue to glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Taking my morning constitutionals along the coast. Azaleas bloom and pure white sand squishes under my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment