Monday, May 9, 2011

Press On

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." ( Phil 3:12) After lending John Piper's hard hitting book, "What Jesus Demands from the World," to a friend for a month, I have resumed reading it and recommend it highly. He takes Jesus' words from the Gospels and delivers them to our hearts. I am also reading Josh McDowell's compilation, "New Evidence That Demands A Verdict," a work of apologetics. While not for everyone, it is an extremely detailed intellectual defense of the Christian faith.
Was extremely blessed in gathering with the E. Cambridge brethren on Sunday. A number of people in the broader small (house) church arena theorize about missional and incarnational questions. I believe there is something to be said for actually getting into the trenches and trying to build. May I give my thanks and appreciation to God for the work He has done in our midst over the past three years. Together with my partner in ministry, MJW, we have labored and seen the development of a healthy ekklesia.
Looking forward to our regional gathering on 5/22 in which brethren from a number of NE groups come together to relish our unity in Christ, and increase trust and relationship with one another and so enhance our fruitfulness in the Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you, Father. Also, thanks to our brother Russ for his hospitality and willingness to engage in mutual accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment