Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lake Merced

Am in California for the week. Flew in Friday evening and was greeted by my daughter and son-in-law, whom I hadn't seen for a year and a half. Very gratified to see their growth in Christ, maturity, poise and assurance. Saturday morning we relaxed and then went to the annual Arts Splash in Carlsbad in the afternoon, where we saw my friend Ron and many other artists. I'm not a big arts guy myself but I appreciate that God gave each one separate gifts to use for His glory. Saturday evening went to a place called the Gastro Pub. Sunday headed off to their regular church where the brother preached on Romans 10:5-13. He has been working his way through Romans for several years. They are getting a solid foundation.
In the afternoon had a good, fruitful conversation with my daughter before my friend Bill came. He is an old GO guy, a gifted musician,a and a thinker who is not full of himself. We hung out for about two hours. Sunday evening she prepared a meal and the three of us relaxed. Monday morning up early, my son-in-law took me to the airport and I flew up to the Bay Area. One hour actual flying time replaces nine hours of driving. My friend Andrew picked me up, took me out to breakfast, and then to his neighborhood. He showed me around and then he had to head off to a work assignment in the south. Yesterday I walked to the nearest subway station, and then off to Fremont to see my brother. He picked me up, took me out to eat at a non meat buffet restaurant, and then back to the BART station again. He is one of the most non intentionally humorous people I know. The whole process, including walking back to the apartment from the BART station took six hours.
This morning I walked around Lake Merced's muddy green water, enjoying the different vegetation than we have in New England. "For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands." (Isa 55:12 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment