Tuesday, October 4, 2011

California Report/ Bill Ireland

Maybe i should go to California in the winter when it's freezing in New England rather than in the fall. Last Wednesday evening brethren from the S. F. HC gathered. James and Dale facilitated worship, and I shared on the theme of discipleship. Thursday and Friday were quiet days, walking around Lake Merced again, reading and resting. Saturday morning Marcus and Stine picked me up, took me to the airport. They were also flying to the LA area. My daughter picked me up from the Long Beach airport, and we hastened to the Pasadena wedding of Kenton & Sally, one of a number of couples whom I know that have met through E- Harmony. My friend Matt co-officiated, and my daughter got to meet some of my friends. We went to the reception where i had a good conversation with Chris and Angela. Sunday morning returned to my daughter's church, where we looked at Romans 10:14-17. The emphasis was on speaking the truth of the gospel in the joy of Christ. That afternoon we took a walk in the hills. Almost 90F. That evening back to Long Beach on an overnight flight. As I can't sleep on planes I didn't finally get to sleep until noon on Monday. Slept from noon until 7, and again from midnight until 7:30 this morning.
Want to take this opportunity to introduce my friend Bill Ireland, a brother whom I first met about forty years ago at a Christian commune called the Lighthouse Ranch. We were together again in the LA area. I didn't see him again for almost thirty years but got reaCQUAinted in 2009. He is a humble, solid brother who has just started a blog called The Glowing Scroll. Hopefully you can access it from my dashboard page. "Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." ( Prov. 25:25 ESV)

1 comment: