Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sabbatical

     As some readers know. I went on a three month sabbatical in early October. The Lord Jesus gave me a season of seeking Him, rest, some travel, and fellowship without the burden of leading, shepherding, teaching etc. After seven years of active pastoral ministry, the last three and a half full time, I needed a break. This time of refreshment, renewal and restoration has just concluded. By the Lord's leading, i hope to renew this blog as the best way to express to readers from all over the world what God is doing in me, and showing me. Later this month, I will turn sixty, and thus gain the coveted "geezer" status. I've been waiting for a long time. By His grace, my health is good, and I hope to make at least one and possibly more international trips this year. I am also a new grandfather with the birth of my grandson Barrett. God is good.
     Some of the themes which the Lord worked with me on during this past season were a deepening of trust, more honed prayer- asking specific questions and listening more, the utter importance of Biblical authority, varied ways to hear His voice such as dreams, visions, journaling, and His yearning to have deeper relationship with us. In the coming weeks and months I hope to post on these and other subjects.
    Most recently I just dropped off an extraordinary young woman named Marta at the airport. She stayed with me and the Phinney Hill family this past week. Born in Poland, she lives in the UK. I met her in Brazil. At that time she had never been to the US, and had no thought of doing so. An exchange student opportunity in San Francisco brought her here. At the end of her semester she took advantage of the remaining time on her visa to do some traveling. While here we went to Boston, trekked around the Harvard campus, visited the saints, and participated in a Portuguese language gathering at Daniel & Adele's home. She is very intelligent, resourceful, humble, joyful and growing rapidly in Christ. May God bless her future endeavors in His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment