Friday, January 3, 2014

Brazilian Worship Music

     One of the blessings of learning another language is the experience of listening to worship music. Currently i have five Portuguese language music CD's. Some contain lyrics, which enhances the situation because i have some ability to read.
     The first is a live performance by a young man named Joel Jordao titled Nao Se Contamine, (Don't be polluted) whom I don't know. Number two is "Frutas na Terra," (Fruit in the Land) by my friend Bruno. He has a powerful anointing. Third is Jesus/ Decido por Ti, (Decided for You) by my friend Samir from Porto Alegre complete with a few words from his then three or four year old daughter. The fourth is by a brother named Winderley whom I met briefly in Vitoria prior to a celebration of a Korean pastor's many years of ministry. In contrast to the others who have bands and loud music, his is solo voice and guitar, and rather tranquil titled A Ele a Gloria, (To Him is the Glory). Finally I have "Desperta," (Awaken) by a young couple Marcelo and Luciana whom I met in the Porto Alegre area one evening. The following Sunday they gave me a copy of their CD, saying that i might not like it. Actually they have wonderful talent. I hope they are working on a new CD.
     "But I have trusted in your steadfast love, my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me." (Psalm 13:5-6 ESV)
     "I will sing of steadfast love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will make music."  (Psalm 101:1)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment