Sunday, September 7, 2014

Renaissance

     "So even to gray hairs and old age, O God, do not forsake me until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come." ( Psalm 71:18 ESV)  This verse was sent to me today by a friend and brother in Christ. The Lord has given me the pleasure and honor of testifying to His might and power. He is the one who changes lives, the only one who can perform the spiritual "open heart" surgery that we all need. I am seeing Him work in and through me. Prayers are bearing fruit. Brethren are thanking me for the way that God is working through me. Although we not do the work of God for the praise of others, genuine appreciation helps smooth the way. The power of the Word is manifesting.
     Renewed memorization and reviewing of verses from the Bible is key to this renaissance. As I review the truth of the Word of God by repeating the verses, the Holy Spirit is ministering to my soul and spirit to strengthen me that I might encourage others. In Ephesians 6 we have a passage about the spiritual armor of God which He provides for us to "put on" (v.11) and use. One of these is the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (verse 17) The Lord wants us to become skilled swordsmen, "rightly handling the word of truth." ( 2 Timothy 2:15 ESV) One crucial component of this skill in the Word is to memorize the truth of the Word. (John 17:17 "Your word is truth."
     Psalm 119:11 says, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." Memorization is a powerful weapon in our spiritual battle against the forces of darkness. ( Ephesians 6:12) We are also better equipped to minister to others. "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom." (Colossians 3:16 ESV)
    Thank You, God, for renewing me and giving me the opportunity to proclaim You."

No comments:

Post a Comment