Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Portugal # 3

God is good| He is drawing me into His presence by giving me an intense hunger for personal time with Him in prayer. Confession, intercession, praise, and intimacy are such a blessing. Yesterday went to another city and met with a pastor named Samuel, a former missionary to Mozambique, whom I had met in Brazil. He and a group of his elders and leaders gathered together. I shared with them onthe prayers of Paul for the churches. His son Andre translated for me although I kept gettingexcited and bursting into Portuguese. Was very difficult to understand the European Portuguese accent which is very different from Brazilian Portuguese. Later that night saw a recent movie about the life of Jesus. The actor portraying Him seemed too casual to me, almost like a hippie, instead of a Man coming to preach and suffer for the Kingdom of God. Am continuing to read, much more slowly now, a biography about Leonard Ravenhill, a British evangelist and preacher of revival. One of the many quotes of his from the book resonates strongly with me. We don't pray for revival because we are content without it." How stunningly true. Portugal does not seem very different than Brazil to me so far. Perhaps slightly more affluent. The other night visited a brother in the hospital who had suffered a heart attack. I had met him in a business people's conference in Brazil. Had an opportunity to both pray for and read part of Psalm 1 to him. He was released later that night. The previous night shared about the love of God from the perspective of God decisively proving His love for us through sending Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment