Thursday, February 3, 2011

Utter Depravity

Before i launch into my main topic I'd like to thank all of those who read this blog. I have a service, called Sitemeter, courtesy of my techno wizard friend M. T., which gives me a weekly summary of the traffic on the site. Last week was the most ever. I am thankful to God that at least some of you find the entries encouraging. Again thanks Gary for suggesting the idea, and for persuading me that even a techno-dunce like myself could do this.
Every so often God gives me a glimpse of the state of my soul without Christ, and it is horrifying. My thoughts, feelings, attitudes are such garbage that only divine love would want to minister to it. Of myself I am totally hopeless to live a life pleasing to God. As Paul the apostle writes, "Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" (Romans 7:24ESV) Who indeed? "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin." (Romans 7:25) I am reminded of the words of Jesus in John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
"Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess 5:23 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment