Sunday, February 20, 2011

Waiting on the Lord

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" (Ps. 27:14 ESV) Most of the thing that I had planned for this week fell through, primarily due to the illness of others. Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday morning opportunities torpedoed. And so God wants me to wait for His timing to do things.
Saturday evening did receive the opportunity to meet with some saints in Monson, and share a little on the Lordship of Christ, that He has the right to tell believers what to do. It seems so basic in theory yet turns out so difficult in practice. As Jesus asks in Luke 6:46, "Why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and not do what I tell you?" This is part of the daily denying ourselves, taking up our cross, and following Jesus. (Lk: 9:23)
This morning drove out to Malden to have fellowship with my home church. Blessed to have three visitors join us, all of whom contributed to our edification Our brother Matt exhorted us to pay the cost of preaching the gospel.
Praying that God would orchestrate our next New England regional gathering that we might glorify Him through Jesus Christ. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Ps. 73:26ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment