Monday, April 25, 2011

How are They to Hear without Preaching?

Putting on the miles this past week. Wednesday I met up with Dale & Laurie for lunch and fellowship before they returned to CA. Then off to CT to see Peter & Christiane to receive their perspective on the state of the church in New England. Thursday was a rest day, and then away Friday night with Sanford & Deb to a gathering of regional elders and their wives. Ten couples came and I believe that it either initiated or enhanced their trust and relationship so that they can work more fruitfully together.
Saturday morning got together with MJW & Josh to pray and counsel together. Communication and accountability are crucial for the advance of the kingdom. Jetted off to Chelsea where i had received an invitation through my friend Doug to preach at an outreach to poor and homeless people started by our brother Ruben. Now i should say that preaching is not my specialty, I'm more inclined towards teaching, but I accepted the offer with the hope of lifting up the Name of Jesus. My fervent prayer was that God would give me something for these people because I'm not from a street background and I have nothing to give of my own. As I launched into my testimony and then into the theme of forgiveness through the same power that raised Christ from the dead, I had a powerful sense of the presence of the Holy Spirit moving me to the side and taking over. Apparently it impacted a number of people because Ruben, whom I really don't know, has invited me to return.
Sunday had the delight of worshiping with the saints in S. Boston. We receive a steady stream of visitors and yesterday was no exception with seven out of a total of twenty adults. God is at work, may He continue to open the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment