Thursday, June 2, 2011

Veranda

While the word "veranda (h)" is probably a little grandiose for the little, screened in porch off the back of the "Mexico" suite that i occupy in the little hobbit house in the woods where I reside, I am very thankful to God for it. It is seasonal but I am enjoying the serenity of sitting there- praying, reading the Word, or reflecting on the glory of God's creation in the midst of the storms of life, both literally and figuratively. A rare tornado smashed through the little town where I live last night, uprooting huge trees, knocking down buildings, and making the places where it touched down look like a war zone. By the grace of God we were unaffected, except for the loss of electricity, still out. Paul refers in 2 Corinthians 11:28 of his concern for all the churches. I thank God that He sustains and loves me as I feebly attempt to follow in Paul's footsteps in caring for brethren in New England small churches. How easy it seems for years of painstaking efforts towards developing trust and relationship to go down the drain. God forbid. I am thankful for those who contacted me to see if I was all right following the tornado, which put our little town on the TV news.
"Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you." (2 Corinthians 13:11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment