Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Only in Cambridge

As regular readers of this blog are aware, I enjoy taking long walks in whatever places that I am in. Todays' jaunt was in Cambridge, MA, a mecca of highly educated people. As I trekked down urban streets with large ornate houses, bigger brick apartment buildings and an eclectic melange of architectural styles- a lemon yellow house, another faint pink, a weary little flat topped garage just big enough for a car, and another aged building shrouded with vines, I noticed a large handwritten sign. Parking is scarce in Cambridge and thus highly prized. The sign forbade unauthorized parking, ending in large letters with the warning "Police Prosecute." Underneath, in another hand, was written, "Correct your grammar." Perhaps I need that person to help me.
On another subject, as I contemplate the reality of conflict between Christians, it strikes me as inevitable. What is not inevitable is our response. We have three major choices- to run from the situation, to fight by justifying ourselves or to work things out through love, humility, forgiveness, repentance etc. Sadly my track record, although improving, is not very good. Nor is it for most situations of which I am aware. However, I am encouraged by the victory won by the grace of God by two couples that recently started a house church. They experienced a situation that could easily have blown up the whole thing. Yet through a willingness to work it out, aided by prayer, and the ministry of the Holy Spirit, they are going forward. "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield for those who put their trust in Him." (Proverbs 30:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment