Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Concluding Thoughts

Have been ill the last few days. Was it inevitable, given that I was around a number of sick people prior to coming down with my own cold? I do thank God, that with the exception of my teeth, I have enjoyed superior health over the course of my life.
One of the best pieces of advice that I ever received regards e-mail. If I receive an e-mail that gives me a strong emotional reaction, wait at least 24 hours before responding. The one time this year that, due to circumstances, I didn't follow this rule, led to major problems. I do observe an ongoing phenomenon that people have no hesitation in saying in an e-mail what they would never dare to say in person. Followers of Christ need to refrain from blistering attacks in any form.
Women do desire, no matter how much they may argue or fight against it, to be led. They need good, godly leadership. This requires that men seek God. ( I know I will get in trouble for this one.)
Listening, sympathizing, encouraging people repeatedly over time without pointing them to Jesus is like putting air in a car tire with a hole in it without fixing the hole. No matter how many times we put the air in, it will always leak out again. Only God can fix the hole.
Helping someone to become a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ is one of greatest privileges and most fulfilling things that a person can ever do. Sadly, about ninety percent of the Christians whom I ask have never had anyone do this with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment