Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cities

Have just returned from a trip to both southern and northern CA. Enjoyed my visit with my daughter and son-in-law. It is tough to live three thousand miles apart. I look forward to the day when we will see Jesus face to face. "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." (1 John 3:2NKJV)
     Spent the second half of my trip in the city of San Francisco, taking walks each day. The first day I hiked around Golden Gate Park, the second to the SFSU campus, the third to the Pacific Ocean, and finally to Buena Vista Park. Large American cities have people from all over the planet. You can buy any kind of food and go to any type of shop. One hears many languages. Paul the apostle went to the cities of the Roman Empire-Syrian Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Jerusalem and Rome among others. While staying at Dale and Laurie's place I read most of a book by a brother named John Dawson about taking our cities for Christ. While  I have never been a city guy, i am feeling a distinct urging of the Holy Spirit to concentrate on Boston. I've lived in its suburbs for decades. I believe God is saying to find others whom He has called to the city, develop trust and relationship with them, so we can work together. May we do the works that God has prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment