Friday, June 15, 2012

Maritimes Part 1

God willing, (James 4:13-15) I'll be driving up to New Brunswick, CA on Tuesday of next week, an exploratory jaunt to see what God is doing there. Bill, my host, and I have met twice previously in the Boston area, and enjoyed good fellowship together. Like me, he is vitally interested in encouraging and promoting relational unity, as Jesus prayed for in John 17. (verses 20ff) Am also looking forward to meeting Karl, with whom I have traded numerous e-mails, and the rest of the brethren in the area. Unlike the saints in Montreal and Ottawa, whom I will visit later in the summer, these are not Brazilian churches. Who knows, perhaps I will get to trot out my dozen words of French.
     Continuing to read in a Portuguese language New Testament, (3rd time) but otherwise no longer attempting to study the language. Today I worked through John chapters five and six.
     Visited a group south of Boston on Sunday. As with our group, and there are major similarities demographically, they are experimenting with a different venue, and are attracting people who never came to their house gatherings. May God have His way among His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment