Thursday, April 11, 2013

Psalm 145:4

About half of the 150 psalms are directly attributed to David. Psalm 145 is one of these. Verse 4 says that one generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. Each generation has a responsibility to preach the gospel, to speak of Christ, and to express Him to the next. Almost six months ago my daughter gave birth to my first grandchild. I finally saw him for the first time yesterday. This is the reality of living 3,000 miles (5,000 kilometers) apart. He has a very different personality than she did as a baby. He is always active, wriggling and squirming around, rather lean. He shifts back and forth constantly between eating and sleeping. He has a funny toothless smile. May God give his parents wisdom to continue rearing him.
   God has blessed me to stay with friends from the old days in this time. Bill & Ileana are part of a home based group. It is a relaxed, comfortable environment. Bill is a writer, and was able to take time for an early morning walk with me today. It is a rare treat for me to have anyone to do this with. We went up into the hills to see the glory of God's creation. At the top we had a grand vista.
     Yesterday walked with my daughter at the beach. Got a bit of sunburn. Spoke about discipleship and going to the nations. I also brought up the idea of her and her husband adopting a child. When I thought about all the blessings that they planned to bestow on their first born it struck me how God might use them to bless a child whom no one wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment