Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Road Trip: Part 6

Arrived in western MO late afternoon Tuesday. My sister picked me up from the hotel and we went to her new home, called the "Corn House" because it is surrounded by corn fields. Had a robust salad and "sliders" which are smallish, baked with ham, cheese in a roll. The following day finally had an opportunity to take a walk. Went to the post office and then had a milkshake served by a woman with purple dyed hair. That evening went to a Mexican restaurant with my sister and her family. Different owners and not as good as i remembered. The following day she and i had lunch together and i had an opportunity to share about personal relationship with God through discipleship. Afterwards I went to a small pond near the local college, which took ten minutes to circumnavigate. Made seven rounds. People are definitely more friendly in this part of the country. That evening returned to the Corn House for dinner. Had catfish for dinner along with an almond cake. Excellent. Friday got up early in order to be in eastern Arkansas by noon. Was quite dark when i left. The first part of the drive was on an interstate highway. Was still dark when i got onto a local highway. This has one lane each way with 18 wheelers coming at me every minute or so. Visibility was poor, a harrowing experience. Went through Springfield, MO with periodic rain and eventually into Arkansas past flooded fields. I understand that they grow rice there. Reached my destination in time and had lunch with my Brazilian friends Asaph and Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment