Saturday, April 18, 2015

Whimsy

Last night and this morning i am visiting a friend whom i call the "Bacon Man." Normally I never eat bacon but he loves it and puts it on many things, like our hamburgers last night and our eggs this morning. The Bacon man also has the rare distinction of being one of only about half a dozen people in my entire life who actually think that i am humorous, and who laughs at my attempts at humor. I would say that there is probably something wrong with him, but he also happens to be one of the most genuinely humble people that I know, which is propelling him towards ever closer conformity to the image of Christ. ( Romans 8:29, 2 Corinthians 3:18). God has used this humility to "turn the switch," changing this man from someone who just goes to church to someone who is a true disciple of Jesus Christ. He is someone to whom the Holy Spirit can minister through the Word of God resulting in a truly changed life. Also visited the brother who is enhancing my discipleship. He is going through a major challenge at this time, standing on the Word and taking hold of the Rock which is Christ. As the world around us grows darker, and the prejudice and persecution of Christians intensifies, only genuine disciples will endure to the end. ( Matthew 24:13) Several verses that have impacted me on this theme are: "I discipline my body and make it my slave lest, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified." ( 1 Corinthians 9:27) "but exhort one another daily, while it is yet called today, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end." (Hebrews 3:13-14 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment