Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Joy in Christ

Our brother Doug wrote to encourage me to remind the readers of this blog of the joy we have in Christ. I don't often think about this. A different brother Doug prayed for me to receive the joy of Christ many times. As I consider all that Christ has done for me, and the wonderful truth that as His follower, I am in Him, the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22ff) does well up in me. I'm not the most expressive person but I have a divinely originated contentment.
Jesus says, "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." (John 15:9-11 ESV) Wow! What exhilaration in those three verses. Jesus loves us as deeply as the Father loves Him. If we keep his commandments we'll abide in His love. (For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3)Then His joy will be in us & ours will be full. Jesus endured the cross for the joy set before Him. (Heb. 12:2) I believe that joy is us- His bride.

Currently I have the privilege of ministering to some precious saints in Northern CA. I anticipate remaining here until the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment