Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Thoughts

God's opinion is the only one that ultimately matters

In response to a question in a comment, tax avoidance is taking advantage of any legal method to reduce the amount of taxes that one pays. For example, finding and itemizing deductions is one common method.

In the same way that no one is obligated to read this blog- it's a matter of personal choice- no one has to listen to us. If anyone listens to anything that I say then they are granting me a gift. I believe that listening to someone is an important way that we can give to each other. People pay big money to have mental health professionals listen to them. But we shouldn't take listening for granted. No one has to do it.
"Know this, my beloved brothers; let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger." (James 1:19 ESV)

Retraction: My vaunted anti-cold remedy of gargling twice a day with warm salt water lasted just long enough for me to post it. Then I came down with a cold. It does seem to be weaker and of less duration than my normal colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment