Saturday, January 30, 2010

January ending update

Concluding my third (of four) month in Hayward, CA, near San Francisco. God has blessed me with a nice place to winter in a Christian men's house where I reside with seven other guys. Last night we hosted our first Friday night home gathering complete with some strong worship & testimonies. I will have the opportunity to do some teaching in subsequent weeks.
This morning went with a brother Lee (and others) to hand out food to the poor/homeless in Oakland.
Yesterday had the encouragement of doing some Bible study with a brother named Marvin. We're working our way through the gospel of Mark together.

I'm reminded of several themes that i suspect i have covered in the past in this blog. Thankfully Peter's second letter is full of the importance of reminding the saints of things they already know.
1. The more we speak the less we are heard. Conversely, even a fool is counted wise if he is silent. (Prov. 17:28)
2. Our strength can become a weakness. I'm a very frugal person but that can turn into miserliness, especially if I am not giving as God wishes me to do.
3. God yearns to have relationship with us more than we can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment