Saturday, September 25, 2010

Contradiction?

As I continue to travel around the body of Christ in the U. S., I find myself wanting to ask any number of people the following question. Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself? I suspect most Christians would regard this as a no-brainer. Of course He doesn't. Yet I find a growing number of believers who live their lives in a way that says He does. What do i mean? I believe it is the Holy Spirit that changes the Bible from words on a page no different from any other ancient writing into the Word of God. Verses such as 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Hebrews 4:12, John 6:63 and many others support this understanding. If in truth the Bible is inspired by God, then it is inerrant and authoritative. In turn the Bible says that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals the truth of the Word of God to us as John 14:26, 16:13, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13 attest. Yet far too many "Christians" seem allergic to either the Bible or Biblical teaching.
I should not be surprised by this because the Bible predicts it. "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4 ESV)
I find many people who claim to receive something from the Holy Spirit that either do not realize nor care that the Bible says something completely different. Hence my question. Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself?
For those interested in a clear, concise explanation of the current housing collapse and resultant economic woes, I suggest Thomas Sowell's book, "The Housing Boom and Bust."
P.S. Indiana hot sauce is ketchup (according to Mark K) see last post)

No comments:

Post a Comment