Friday, September 24, 2010

Indiana Hot Sauce

Many years ago a brother named Mark asked me to serve as the best man at his wedding. After wards we lost touch for about 25 years, in which he and his wife had four children. About five years ago we regained communication, via e-mail and phone. Monday of this week he called me from Indiana to ask my help in starting a house church. Tuesday morning I drove out of Boston early, ending up that evening in western PA at my friend Miller's home. He took me out to dinner, and we had good fellowship. Our brother Stephen called from Mississippi. Later we prayed together.
Wednesday finished the thousand mile trek to southern Indiana & saw Mark for the first time in thirty years. God has revived him, using an adult daughter, Mary, as a catalyst. Thursday morning took him into a wound clinic to get his injured foot looked at, and they admitted him. I'm thankful for the time we spent together. Please pray for his physical recovery (he may lose the foot) & continued spiritual revival.
Courtesy of our brother Ron, with an assist from Bob G, met a new friend Steve, in Cincinnati. He is a gifted, generous brother who desires to be ahead of the curve spiritually. In his mid thirties, he has a heart to see the generations come together to encourage one another. I am thankful to have met him.
Tonight I have come to Rob & Shalom's home & greeted their infant son John, an active little fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment