Sunday, September 19, 2010

Who is Sufficient for these Things?

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us speaks the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance of life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2:14-16 ESV) As I come towards the completion of my third week in E. Boston I feel entirely inadequate for the ministry of reconciliation He has called me to in this place. God has given me tons of time, knowledge, grace- I need Him to do anything. (cf. John 15:5)
Very thankful for the oppty. to go with Steve & Donna to the Worchester housing projects yesterday to minister. Many people were not home, ill or sleeping but we did get to enter three apts. Encouraged and prayed with several sisters and witnessed to a young man who had suffered severe childhood abuse.
Today had the pleasure of gathering with my "home" house church. What a precious group of saints. Worshiped without our usual facilitators, taught against Universalism,fellowshipped around the Lord's Supper, and prayed for both physical and spiritual healing in the name and authority of our Lord Jesus Christ. We thank God for Marcio & Jana's hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment