Monday, October 4, 2010

Accountability

Thursday evening met with the support/accountability group of brothers. While I have said this before I can't emphasize enough the importance of making one's self vulnerable and receptive to several trustworthy, godly members of one's own gender. For many years i played my cards close to the vest- spiritually & emotionally speaking- to my detriment, and those around me. It doesn't matter how gifted or mature one thinks that they are- we all need those whom we can trust to speak into our lives to help prevent us going off in bad directions. Granted that most people learn things the hard way, and that God can use that method- it's still painful and time consuming.
Saturday morning had the privilege of going to N. H. to have breakfast with half a dozen brothers. Our brother Rick M has a vision for relational unity among the house church groups in Maine and New Hampshire, a vision I joyfully support and encourage.
On sunday met with my "home" house church in a community center room in the local projects interacting with moms and children to whom M & M have ministered for the past five years. We were blessed with the presence of our brother Russ, a new family & a young brother from Brazil. M. T. shared on the theme of sin, utilizing passages from Romans 5 & Psalm 51.
This Saturday I look forward to the 10th Annual N. E. house church conference in Quinebaug, CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment