Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lebanon ( ME & CT)

Midday Saturday drove up to Lebanon, ME to visit a house church there. Had fellow shipped with some of the people in this group for about a year some time ago. They welcomed me so warmly that it felt like coming home. Thanks, saints. Worked for about three hours, bringing wood from the street into the host family's basement, bringing back memories of childhood "wood details." This group has about six families. I received an invitation to share about my recent travels as well as my visit to Ghana in 2007. They asked me a number of questions, which I attempted to answer. Extremely thankful to God for His faithfulness with these saints, and for their responsiveness to Him. Their love for the people of God radiates Christ.
After getting back to Boston about 10:30 I got up early the next morning to head to Lebanon, Ct. Once again I experienced the diversity and variety of the Body of Christ. The group in Maine sang a cappella. The one in Conn. is the only one I know with its own orchestra- six string players including a full size harp & a flute player. People call out the number of the song they wish to sing. I was racking my brains to remember the title of "Be Thou My Vision," when someone else called it out. So gorgeous with all the instrumentalists & the vocals.
Our brother Mark shared on unity from John 17 & Romans 12 & I followed with some thoughts on our brotherhood in Christ from Matt. 23:8, John 20:17, Romans 8:29 & Hebrews 2:11-12. One thing one can count on in visiting a house church is a good meal and my Lord's Suppers in both Maine and Connecticut proved that once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment