Friday, November 26, 2010

And He Praises Her

While reflecting on a situation that I am attempting to help in this week, the Holy Spirit reminded me of a verse in Proverbs 31. Towards the end of a passage about the "virtuous woman" or "the wife of noble character," the Word says, "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." (Prov. 31:28 ESV)I believe this is a crucial ingredient of the husband's servant leadership in the home. He must express sincere appreciation and thankfulness to his wife. If I am correct in my interpretation of the creation of Eve in Genesis 2, then God has created men to initiate and women to respond. This divine order can be thwarted by many things but if we put it into practice we should eventually see good results. What we sow we shall reap. (Gal. 6:7) I suggest short, straightforward praise and appreciation. Don't try to be clever or say things that have multiple potential interpretations.
A quiet week although I finally submitted my application to take a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language)course at a local language school. I start the intensive, 4 week, 10-5 every week day plus homework course on Monday. Appreciate your prayers that I do well. Maybe my blog entries will improve. "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." (Habakkuk 2:14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment