Sunday, November 28, 2010

We Make It Our Aim To Please Him

As I begin my TEFL course tomorrow, an intense 4 wk. every week day, all day affair, I probably won't be able to write very many blog entries. So here's one for the road. Quiet week, T'day with my roommate, a former cook who did himself proud. Very blessed to fellowship with the saints. Almost as many visitors as regulars; every week is different. My friend Doug, whom I've known since '93 has concluded a twenty-eight year military career. God has transformed him into a spiritual father. "For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel." ( I Cor. 4:15 ESV)
My friends Ross and Trina, an itinerant ministry couple, also visited us for the second time this month. God is opening doors for them all over the country. At the moment they are poised to minister the gospel in Nantucket. We had the privilege of hearing some testimonies from them.
Our brother Matt W shared on the theme of persecution both from the Word and current examples. "Remember the word that I said to you. A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours." (John 15:20 ESV) "Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted..." (2 Tim 3:12) "So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him." (2 Cor. 5:9 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment