Thursday, November 11, 2010

Soaking

Normally when I wake in the morning I get up and do something like preparing breakfast or using the facilities. On Monday I just lay there for almost an hour, reflecting on and receiving the love of God. He reminded me of the misery that my life contained before I truly knew His love, and reviewed the journey by which He persuaded me of it. Verses like Psalm 31:7 (I will rejoice and be glad in your love, for you have seen my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul), Nahum 1:7 ( The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble, He cares for those who trust in Him, and Romans 5:8 (but God shows His love for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us) and its companion, Romans 5:5 (and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us) paraded through my memory.
I had lived the Christian life the way I thought it should be done rather than allowing Him to live it through me. This had caused me to come to a place of utter devastation, and caused harm to many others. Yet when I finally came to the end of myself, He gave me another chance, and through a lengthy season of confession and repentance, restored me to Himself. Thank you God, for reminding me of these things as I soaked in your presence.
Had good fellowship with our brother Dale K. It seems that God often places us in situations, like work, that we can't easily get out of, in order to do His work in us. I liken it to spiritual vise grips, securing us so that the sanctifying Spirit can make us more like Christ.
Wednesday evening concluded our mini-series on the Kingdom of God. Our brother Matt W spoke of the rulers of the two kingdoms, Jesus of the kingdom of God, and the devil of the kingdom of darkness, using their diametrically opposed attributes to illustrate the differences between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment