Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baptism

Last night God gave me the joy and the privilege of witnessing the baptism of a believer named Michael. He is a quiet brother in his mid-thirties who had truly counted the cost of following Christ before being baptized. Sadly we don't have many baptisms in the U.S. I wish many more people could have heard his testimony and experienced his joy. Thank you, God for the opportunity to see what you are doing in Michael's life.
After much inner wrestling God has persuaded me to make an all out effort to learn Portuguese. A brother and friend offered to give me the first level of the Rosetta Stone language software, I've been reading a Portuguese-English Bible for two months, and I intend to purchase a book on grammar. God has given me incentive, believers to practice with, and the time to work on it. Any and all prayers are appreciated as I have never successfully learned another language.
Muito obrigados to my Brazilian friends like Wellington, Marcelo, Wanderley, Marcio, Carlos and others that are following this blog. May our Lord Jesus give me revelation to encourage and bless you.
God has used my brothers John, Josh, Matt, Vinny, Gary, Russ & Sanford to bless and challenge me this week in one on one conversations. God is showing me more things in my life that I must die too. ( John 12:24)
"And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:24 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment