Thursday, November 10, 2011

Echoing

Walked with the presence of the Lord through different wooded roads near my friend, and brother, Steve's house this morning. Fog meandered along while a previous snowstorm and freeze eliminated the insects. Several things came to mind. The first is an appeal, echoing many other people in the body of Christ, to get our financial houses in order. We have no guarantee of the continuation of the present world economic system. God could pull the plug at any time.
He also spoke to me about the mutual respect that we must have in order to partner together in the advance of God's kingdom. My friend John & I complement one another well because of this. We have different strengths, life experiences, personalities and we have disagreed vigorously at times. Yet mutual respect, based on the work that God has done in one another's lives allows us to bear much more good fruit together than we would alone.
God confirmed to me again the importance of communication, of not allowing ourselves to get isolated, and of the need for mutual encouragement.
I also thank Him for good reports from Steve S, Matt W & John DeC. God is faithful and He is at work in our midst. "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (Ps. 143:8 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment