Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, as it reflects the will of God. "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." ( 1 Thess 5:18 ESV) Not the god of football or of gluttony, but the God of the Bible. Today I give thanks for both the followers and the other readers of this blog. I assume that you find it encouraging or helpful in some way or you would not continue to read it. Awhile ago my friend M. T. added Sitemeter. Each week I receive a report on the numbers of visits. These have gradually increased over time.
Monday morning Mike S. joined Sanford and I for a time of prayer and discussion. Thank you, Lord, for this jump-start for the week.
Tuesday evening helped, along with about thirty-five others, to complete Bruce G's move into his new home. These brethren came from a number of churches, and relationships in Bruce's life but worked together harmoniously, utilizing the various gifts that God has given them to bless others.
Yesterday traveled to southern Connecticut to visit my friends Chris & Carolyn, and spoke to their son, now 21, whom I first met when he was ten. Chris is a "deep thinker." We spoke about the themes of consensus, revival, the blood of Christ in relation to sin, and some practical questions that he is mulling over.

No comments:

Post a Comment