Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year

As a new year dawns, I hope to have a deeper relationship with Christ. I am increasingly conscious of the aging process, that despite my ninety minute walks five or six times a week, that I am not getting any younger. I hope at long last to learn a foreign language. God be thanked for the relationships He has placed in my life- with a daughter and son-in-law, two brothers and a sister, the family with whom I live, and those who circulate around them, the brethren in the discipleship community with whom I fellowship and attempt to shepherd, along with the many other brethren that I know in New England, the U.S. and other countries. I am thankful for the opportunities to minister the Word of God, encouragement, and to pray for friends and others. I thank God for His provision for me, that after thirty-eight years of arduous toil, that I need no longer work in this season.
The larger world around me looks darker than ever yet the light of Christ still shines. Sanford and I prayed for the leaders of our country and our town this morning. I thank God for the good testimonies that I hear, including one from my long time friend Doug, who is persevering to the end. "Be faithful unto death" ( Revelation 2:10) Let us continue faithful to that which God has called us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment