Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fields

"For you are God's field." ( 1 Corinthians 3:9 NKJV) Saturday evening the Lord gave me the privilege of meeting with a home group in Mansfield, CT. These are seasoned believers who have been meeting together for many years. They live in a rural area; our host runs a feed store. We celebrated the Lord's Supper together, worshipped and prayed for one another before examining a passage in Ephesians 4 dealing with bitterness. I urged them to consider visiting other groups ( cross-pollination). One is only half an hour up the road. Their hospitality was warm.
Today i visited a very different group composed of people in their twenties, some still in college, and others that have entered the work force, that began only a few months ago. Awhile ago I had made an appeal to representatives of a number of group to set aside at least once a month to pray for those who don't know Christ at a time other than when they normally meet. This group in Westfield, MA responded, set aside a time, and asked me to visit the group as a number of us had not met previously. They offered me an opportunity to share a little of my testimony, and about the ministry that the Lord has given to me. I am very thankful to Mike & Nic for the invitation, felt completely comfortable, and was encouraged by the receptivity of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment