Friday, March 30, 2012

Joy of Mentoring

God has blessed me tremendously with a young brother whom i will call A. He is fervent, teachable, appreciative, and inquisitive. Our times together fly by as we work through questions, pray, get into the Word, and even eat together. In a relatively short time we have formed relational bonds based on trust, in God, and in each other. He draws things that God has planted in me that most other people have no interest in. As i read Paul's letters, it seems that this is what his relationship with Timothy was like. Consider the following: "For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ..." ( 1 Cor. 4:17 NKJV) "I hope in the Lord to send Timothy to you soon,so that I too may be cheered by news of you. For i have no one like him, who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare." ( Phil. 2:19-20 ESV) "We sent Timothy, our brother and God's co-worker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in you faith." (! Thess 3:2 ESV)
These relationships are what build the church and the Kingdom. May each of us be a Timothy or have Timothy's in our lives. May God grant us opportunities to give from what we have received.
* Fun with Words* The NT letter Colossians pronounced "collisions."

No comments:

Post a Comment