Monday, April 2, 2012

Grandpa

Psalm 128 is a song of ascents, very family oriented, that concludes in verse six with the prayer, "May you see your children's children." For quite awhile I have wondered whether this was a blessing that I would ever receive. God has blessed me with one child, who married over four years ago, and yet who seemed in no hurry to reproduce. In this post I am delighted to report that she is three months pregnant, and God willing, will give birth around the beginning of October. May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ form the child's "inward parts, and knit them together in her mother's womb," so that in the fullness of time the child "praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." ( Psalm 139:13-14 ESV) I rejoice in the glory of God!
"Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out." (Prov. 20:5) As i reflect on the three brothers whom i mentor most closely, one of the common characteristics is that all three ask good questions. Like someone pulling up a wooden bucket on a rope from an old time well, they draw out of me what God has planted there over the decades. Sometimes they ask me things that I have forgotten that God has taught me until they are used to bring it forth. Thank you, Father for the trust they repose in Jesus in me. May I always be ready to point them to You & the Scripture rather than my own human reasoning.

1 comment: