Friday, August 3, 2012

The 3 A's Revisited

     Somewhere in the distant past, i have posted on the theme of the 3 A's (Attention, Approval & Affection), but I assume that most people don't read old entries, and I believe the Lord has placed it on my heart again. I think God has created us with the need for the 3 A's in such a way that only He can ultimately meet the need. He may use other people to help in the process but I believe that much  human unhappiness results from our trying to cajole or coerce other people into meeting needs that only He can meet. I suspect that much marital failure stems from unrealistic expectations of one's spouse in this area. Some of the controlling that many people do with other people comes from a desperate desire for these basic needs. We want people to notice us, like us and express love to us. We try money, power, physical appearance, drugs etc. but only God can meet the need that He has created. Thankfully, through trust in Christ that comes from the Father drawing us, our responding in surrender, repentance, and dependence, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit we can experience the filling of our hole. "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5 NKJV)
     On a different note, I pray that God will show me and the people with whom I am walking whether to attempt cross cultural blending in our ekklesia, and if so, how He wants us to proceed. "To God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen. (Romans 16:27 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment