Friday, September 6, 2013

Reality

     Returned from Brazil about a week ago and American reality has set in. I had no allergies there but can't stop sneezing here. Have met with two different groups of people that I get together with on a regular basis, and find both drifting from pure fervor for Christ. I find a precious brother suffering from yet another "leader" who will do anything to control the people around him. I miss Brazil already. Not just little things like farofa, a cooked grain with spices that looks like sand but tastes delicious sprinkled over just about anything, or the fact that I don't have to drive there, but larger things like God's order, the love of the brethren for one another, the accountability which prevents the dominating leader syndrome, and the emphasis on the Kingdom of God and making disciples rather than living for ourselves.
     But God is faithful, and He will build His church. Have had encouraging conversations and opportunities to share what God is showing me with others. Don't expect that very many will receive the message but Jesus didn't promise this. Instead He said that the way to eternal life with Him is narrow; the highway to eternal destruction wide. ( Matthew 7:13-14)
     And I thank God for the friends that He gave me in Brazil, some of whom are corresponding with me via e-mail. They are precious in His sight, and in mine. I am also enjoying the tape of the NT that my friend Gilmar gave me, which allows me to listen and hear the pronunciation while i follow along in the same Portuguese version of the Bible.
   "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, 'Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment