Wednesday, November 20, 2013

California Dreaming?

     In the 1970's i lived in California, and because i have relatives in this state, I visit once or twice a year. The weather is usually better than in New England although the traffic is worse. This past week I have been seeing my daughter, son-in-law and grandson. The little fella is now one, walking like Frankenstein, and starting to grow a little hair. He can problem solve when he wants something, and is finally learning to eat solid food. He likes raisin bread, dried blueberries, and hummus in particular. I suggested a big fat hamburger but that was vetoed. He likes to fall asleep in the car.
    We have taken him to several playgrounds. Today a little blond girl, probably twice his age although no bigger tried to play with him. A young saleswoman said he was "so stinking cute." Well, he is stinking (sometimes) and cute ( sometimes).
   Was also very blessed that a young man of my acquaintance has asked to explore being discipled by me. God has faithfully answered my prayer to show me those men whom He would have me to disciple.
"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise."  (Proverbs 19:20 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment