Monday, November 4, 2013

Travels

     Last Wednesday i had the opportunity to visit a Brazilian group in the Boston area, and speak a little about what God showed me when i visited Brazil last summer. ( For more extensive detail the reader could go to the June, July and August posts for this year)
     Thursday i spent some time with my friend Jake catching up, had a quick meal with my friend Russ, and then met with him and two other brothers in our regular support/accountability/prayer group. May we "share" less and pray more.
     Friday had dinner again with Russ. Typically we seldom eat out. Saturday morning had time with my friend Gary. We spoke about the difference between mentoring (accepting or not receiving advice), and discipleship- receiving direction and accountability. In the afternoon drove up to New Hampshire to gather with a home group that i have visited several times although i know the co-leaders better.
    As with most New England house churches, the families are home-schooling so we were treated to a meal done in first century Roman style, along with various skits and presentations by four of the children. I am always impressed with the maturity, knowledge, and assurance of home schoolers, and this was no exception.
   Then they had a rather lively (emotional) discussion on the theme of church membership. Afterwards i went with one couple to their home where we discussed this and related subjects for another two hours. In the morning they treated me to a very nice breakfast, with more prayer and discussion. I am delighted to report that the brother has asked me to disciple him.
   Later we had lunch with one of the daughters of the couple along with her fiance, whom i had known as a boy a number of years before. With another birthday approaching perhaps i should start thinking of myself as an old guy.
   Soon I will go to Canada, and then to southern California.

No comments:

Post a Comment