Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday

One of the clearest statements about the will of God is found in 1 Thessalonians 5:18. "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God concerning you." (NKJV) I am not interested in most holidays; the exception is Thanksgiving which reflects what we should do every day; not gorging on food or watching football games but the giving of thanks to God for who He is and for what He has done for us through Jesus Christ.
    This year I am thankful for many things, a few of which are listed below.
The ongoing grace of Jesus Christ to do the will of the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The provision of God allowing me to spend the summer in Brazil .
A deeper revelation of the Kingdom of God and personal discipleship.
My discipler Vinci, and the brothers whom God has given me to disciple
Good health except for my teeth
Retirement from regular work so i can minister full time
A loving daughter and grandson
Friendships of decades
The support/accountability/prayer men's fellowship
New friends from several countries
The best living situation that i have had an an adult
Slowly growing proficiency in Portuguese
The Word of God
"But as for me, I trust in you, O Lord; I say, you are my God... Make your face shine upon your servant; save me for your mercies' sake."  ( Psalm 31:14,16 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment